LQ4 to Tremec T56 Magnum

Car Craft
Item Posts    Sort Order

LQ4 to Tremec T56 Magnum

humbug53 humbug53
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/14
Posted: 01/23/14
04:53 PM

So, I have a 2004 LQ4, got it new in the crate. I bought a new Tremec T56 magnum from Liberty. NOW I need to put em' together.
My question is this. Would I just use a standard flywheel/clutch combo as if it were an LS1 with a 6speed? After some Google-ing, I've found that my LQ4 crankshaft is very likely the same as an LS1 crankshaft. Logic tells me that an LS1 set-up would work, but I REALLY want to be sure before committing to a purchase.

Please, if possible, I'd appreciate feedback with people that HAVE DONE this or are actually familiar with said set-up, rather than folks that assume that it's a bolt-in installation. I don't have much cash to play with.

Thanks SO much in advance.  
66 VW Beetle
6.0L LQ4
Tremec T56 Magnum
Independent Suspension
Tube Chassis
Under construction...

wayne712222 wayne712222
User | Posts: 94 | Joined: 10/13
Posted: 01/24/14
11:29 AM

there are several articles on which fits with which spread out in the magazines..

which bell housing did you get???

i will look around for those articles later today..

i just envisioned what you are doing..

if you are going to run the exhaust all the way to the rear panel.. you might want to make some custom tips.  that have enough room to dump your exhaust out.  with a angled cut on the tip... so it keeps it off the back of the body.. but also with a pair of VW exhaust tips sticking out the center or the upper part so they come out in an almost stock location,    when you goose it.. the exhaust seems to come out of them also..

just a thought.. i will find those articles.. i can hear a 70 torino 429SCJ calling my name outside right now.  i need to go drool..