Help On 3fronts pleasssssseeeeeee

Car Craft
Item Posts    Sort Order

Help On 3fronts pleasssssseeeeeee

08FORDZFreightTrain 08FORDZFreightTrain
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/13
Posted: 06/11/13
09:46 PM

Hey I live in Philadelphia Pa and just brought a 2008CrownVic P71 with 149xxx on da clock that did great on the drive back from Chicago. All 783 miles of it but the problem I have is that the car has no cruze~control aka my leg was killing me and don't.want.that to happen again. If I swap out the steering wheel wit the 1that.has Cruz on it will it work? Also I'm trying to make more power.just delete the 2nd converter.and Hung up a 2and a half  exhaust~H pipe system under the car. I kno heads are next  but like all of us im on a budget. Just trying to make 360Hp/400Tq to the ground be4 I step up to this turbo system I just brought. Any help I'm am greatly thankfull for.  

68scott385 68scott385
Enthusiast | Posts: 669 | Joined: 05/09
Posted: 06/12/13
07:00 AM

Make life easy on yourself and find a good reputable mechanic. Cruise control requires parts on the motor to make it work. Older model cars use a vacuum reservoir with metal rod linkage to the carb or throttle body. Newer model cars use an computerized electro-mechaincal unit that uses a cable to connect to the throttle body.

If you car has two catalytic converters, are they in-line or one for each bank of cylinders?

What motor does this car have?  
68scott385 68scott385 68scott385

waynep712222 waynep712222
User | Posts: 103 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 06/15/13
03:50 PM

since you don't have a carburetor to control the air fuel ratio...

and you don't have a distributer to control the ignition timing..

why not spend a few days studying this tidbit from ford on how the computer actually handles day to day issues ... so you can work around it without defeating the computer which would put it into limp home mode and take away all your potential power gains..

you will also want to invest in some kind of advanced scan tool...

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/diagnostics/pdf/OBDSM804.pdf

this is an important read....