car help...

Car Craft
Item Posts    Sort Order

car help...

tubabubba26 tubabubba26
New User | Posts: 24 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 03/31/13
10:23 AM

ok so I also posted the posts below about the mustang II. but today I looked at my  5 digit odometer and it says 35,005 on it. now before I imagined it was at 135,005 but the car has been sitting for 20 years, and now I'm beginning to think it is actually only 35,xxx not 135,xxx but it's hard to tell since there is no 100,000 place...the car was hardly driven but is there a website or dmv number I can call and have them look up something like this? in other words are there any ways I can tell if the odometer had "turned over"???

2nd I know this is a stupid question but it's bothering me. I need to buy an oil filter for the car and I go to the store and the guy completely confused me. are there certain filters for certain cars? are there different tread patterns? do i need a big one or a small one compared to my engine size? how does that work? I know how to put it on I just have never had to buy one before haha. Grin  

waynep712222 waynep712222
User | Posts: 103 | Joined: 03/13
05:33 PM

wow...  could they find the 2.8 in the electronic catalog???

Oil Filter For your 1976 Ford Mustang 2.8L 2BL 6cyl

Fram Ultra/Oil Filter
Part Number: XG16
Alternate Part Number: FXG16S-01

Fram Tough Guard/Oil Filter
Part Number: TG16

STP/Oil Filter
Part Number: S16

Fram/Oil Filter
Part Number: PH16

Bosch/Oil Filter
Part Number: 3402

Mobil/Oil Filter
Part Number: M1-204

K&N/Oil Filter
Part Number: PS-2004
Notes: Pro-series oil filter without wrench off nut.

K&N/Oil Filter
Part Number: HP-2004
Notes: Premium oil filter with wrench off nut.

Royal Purple/Oil Filter
Part Number: 20-253  

tubabubba26 tubabubba26
10:24 PM

gee i dont know, i went there and I asked about a fuel filter and and oil filter and when he must have gotten them mixed up. I was like "ok, I will come back for the fuel filter but I will take an oil filter now please." and he was like "ok" and stood there looking at me. and we stood there in silence for about 15 seconds looking at each other with blank stares on our faces...awkward...but anyways I couldn't get an answer out of him about the oil filter because he was thinking fuel filter and made it so complex. anyways thanks for the post, i will go in tomorrow and get them, hopefully another guy is working there. also will be picking up a battery to start it tomorrow Laugh so excited...  

waynep712222 waynep712222
User | Posts: 103 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 04/01/13
12:42 AM

i cannot go in a parts store without having to help somebody.. either the parts clerk on the phone. or a customer...

while standing in a long line on day.. the korean man in front of me had one spark plug and six exhaust studs..  the spark plug was an AC.. CR43TS..   and thats not a typo..  i mentioned to the korean man that the exhaust studs for his 4.3 astro van was behind him down that isle on the right side.. and the spark plugs are behind the counter..  he looked down into his hand..  ask me how i knew what kind of van he owned.   i replied... i am a mechanic.. i have to know what parts fit what cars..   he said. but its just a spark plug..  yep.. i know..

i had actually just taken a wild guess..  figuring out its either a V6 astro.. or a V8 full size van..  as he had six exhaust studs..  he just kinda stood there looking into his hand..

$(Kgrhqv,!Ice Wdwdnt1bp9ehf(V9!~~60 12

yep.. thicker side and center electrode..  

tubabubba26 tubabubba26
Posted: 04/01/13
08:14 AM

hahaha wow that's a awesome story! I feel sorry for the guys at the auto parts stores because who knows maybe they just got a job there because they happened to hire him. but the guy in my case was very helpful towards tricks and tips on the mustang but like I said when I asked to buy something he stood there with his thumb up his ass lol. but hey maybe he was having a bad day. after all it was beautiful outside and he was stuck working probably a 8 hr shift...