car craft back to dequeen

Car Craft
Item Posts    Sort Order

car craft back to dequeen

thehasbeen thehasbeen
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 03/03/13
01:56 PM

i have been a reader of car craft for a looooong time and an American even longer and i am grateful for car craft magazine for promoting "hot rodding".
that said, i have a problem with the state of illinois and it's draconian gun laws.
i will go 500 miles out of my way to avoid illinois or spending any money there.
America is not the country i grew up in back in the 50's and 60's. more of what we took for granted is not there anymore. i fear the constant ebb of these freedoms will in the future kill cruising and hot hodding and once it's gone it "ain't" coming back.
the only way to combat this erosion of America is with my/our dollars. money is the only thing that matters to those in power. at least that is the way i see it.

thehasbeen  

tuffnuff tuffnuff
Moderator | Posts: 1375 | Joined: 12/09
Posted: 03/04/13
02:58 PM

In the past, which is gone forever.,. there is a wind of change that we must accept, in the afternoon of life.
This phenomena reoccurs over and over again, as the new generation gleans through facts and accepted standards of the past.
They take what is of use for them and discard the rest, without regret.
This fact has withstood the test of time.
We might call that fact, progress.
We should see this, without being uncomfortable.
It's time to deal with suppressed anger.

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

pepsi1 pepsi1
Enthusiast | Posts: 301 | Joined: 10/11
Posted: 03/04/13
04:25 PM

I was just telling a young friend of mine about those better times today in fact.  Most of us fought for this country and for the freedom we have. But as things change, some we like, some we dislike. Remember the old saying it only takes one bad apple to spoil the basket.
  It's that way in life. One person can spoil what we once took for granted. We will adjust like or dislike it. Its the best of times and it's the worst of times, for all of us. We still have it better then most..........

Bob  

tuffnuff tuffnuff
Moderator | Posts: 1375 | Joined: 12/09
Posted: 03/05/13
12:15 AM

Bob, it's all true and very real.,. but being in a state of denial does not bring us in step with the present.
Only acceptance of things the way they are, will accomplish that.

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder