572 BBC

Car Craft
Item Posts    Sort Order

572 BBC

hharr93 hharr93
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/13
Posted: 05/13/13
01:57 AM

I am new to this forum so if this is in the wrong spot feel free to move it.

I have been doing some research lately and want to start a new 572 BBC build. I have decided to go with a Dart aftermarket block and deefinetly with forged rotating assembly but am curious what others think for different components.

As for the rotating assembly I was curious if anyone had good suggestions or had expierience with a specific brand the could recommend.

I plan on puttin a turbo on the engine so keep that in mind when suggesting parts also. Money is not an issue to an extent I just dont want to spend $50,000 on this thing.

As for headers I don't even know where to begin and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I am open to ideas and I apologize about the long post but would like opinions and advice both good or bad. Thank you in advance.  

68scott385 68scott385
Enthusiast | Posts: 669 | Joined: 05/09
Posted: 05/15/13
08:15 AM

There are horror stories lately about Eagle brand cranks not holding up. I don't have one or any experience with one, just repeating the scuttlebutt. IMO, using parts from a well known supplier like Lunati or Scat would be the way to go.

Headers depend on the port shape in the heads, the chassis they are to be installed in, and the expected airflow of the engine. If you are going to use a turbo, the header choice will be determined by where you place the turbo(s) and the space available in the engine compartment. Many turbo installs use short block hugger headers turned upside-down to mount the turbo. Ask your turbo supplier and/or installer what they recommend.  
68scott385 68scott385 68scott385