Footloose Vega

Car Craft
Item Posts    Sort Order

Footloose Vega

bosswillys bosswillys
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 02/08/13
08:24 AM

My son recently bought the Footloose Vega built by Shelby and Danny Pittman In Henderson, Ky.It was supposedly once the winner of Car Craft Street Machine Nationals best engine and best engineered. We are trying to restore this beautiful car to honor these 2 gentlemen, and we need help! I have heard that Shelby has passed, but son Danny is still around. I have not been able to find him. If anyone has info, articles, pictures, anything on this car they would be willing to share, I would be very greatful. Thanls, Al  

Serpico Serpico
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 02/09/13
02:23 AM

Al
That's a great tribute to do. It's nice to see the old iron is still around.

I can't help you. Just a suggestion.

If you have an idea of when this was all done. Maybe if you go into the archives it may help. Also try other web-sites.IE www.Chevyhiperformance.com that site has more volume. I know it was a Car Craft winner. But their are some older gear heads that live in your part of the country that may remember it. Good Luck, I think its great...

Bob AKA pepsi1  

redneckjoe69 redneckjoe69
Enthusiast | Posts: 388 | Joined: 04/10
Posted: 02/09/13
04:26 AM

some pics and magazine articles in here.
http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/ONEBADMK8/vehicles/60034#

looks like car craft, november, 1985.  

garyv413 garyv413
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/13
Posted: 05/02/13
03:13 AM

Hi, Al
My name is Gary. I saw the post on your vega. I owned that car in the late 80's early 90's. That car is also featured in july 1986 Popular Hot Rodding magazine. It's such a cool car, I wish I could have kept it. Glad to read you want to restore it to it's original looks. Good luck on the resto. Any questions that I could help you with I'll try to answer. Thanks Gary in Massachusetts.  

bpittman2010 bpittman2010
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/14
Posted: Today 12:35 PM

My father and grandfather built that car when I was just a toddler. I tried a couple of years ago to aquire the car back but it did not work out. I am happy to hear that the car is still around though. Good luck in restoring it and I hope you and your son can create some great memories with the car I know it gave me some!