Car Craft
Item Posts    Sort Order

New Collision Repair Website

mlauto1990 mlauto1990
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 03/28/13
09:01 AM

Hi all!
We are almost finished with our body shop's website. Was hoping I could get a few pointers from anyone who is familiar with web design and programming.
-How do we get higher on Search Results?
-How do we get more local hits?
-How can we come before other shops with a similar name / agenda?
-What sort of additional information (if any) should be added to the site?

Thanks so much.

Here is our website.
M&L Auto Center  

68scott385 68scott385
Enthusiast | Posts: 669 | Joined: 05/09
Posted: 03/29/13
05:17 AM

I understand coming here to advertise but why ask forum users how to set up a website or get higher on a google or bing search. I just don't understand the thought process of asking car mechanic/enthusiast types about computer/internet technology. Not that one or two of us wouldn't know but seems like going to the barber to ask about the vegetables at the grocery.  Ask google or bing how to get higher on their search results. I bet they tell you to cough up some cash.  
68scott385 68scott385 68scott385

waynep712222 waynep712222
User | Posts: 103 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 03/29/13
02:57 PM

i think that if they do a quality job... and are truthful with the customers as to their cars needs...

they will have people beating down the doors..

there was one family owned shop here in los angeles... i saw a few of the repair jobs they performed afterwards... i must have sent them 50 cars. over 3 years.. and i never had any personal dealing with them..  i got to see the cars before they were crashed.. when they were crashed as my customers at the time would almost always ask me for advice... and i would see the finished cars and the smile on the owners face when they came back in my shop for normal service...

i have not found a body shop recently that did not pad the bill... charge high binder pricing.  tell people that their car is totalled... just bring the pink slip in. and they will dispose of the car for them... when all it needed was a bolt on fender or a bumper..

i had one shop tell a customer that their caddy was totaled.. because the headlight assembly was damaged when they hit a deer on coldwater canyon drive..  i put a used assembly in there and did not even have to paint anything..

the father passed away... the other family members did not want to continue.. end of story..