T56 problems

Car Craft
Item Posts    Sort Order

T56 problems

EROCZ88 EROCZ88
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 12/03/12
08:02 PM

I have an 88 Camaro that I did the t56 swap on. It's and LT1 t56, and the pedals, clutch, hydraulics and everything else is from a 95 Z28.

I've had constant problems with clutch disengagement. When I put the slave on with the factory spacer on the bellhousing, it will shift through the gears fine when the car is off, but is very hard to get into gear while the car is running. It's impossible to put into reverse while the car is running because the gears grind. Also, the clutch grabs very low. It probably has an inch or two before the clutch is completely engaged.

I took the spacer off, which allowed the slave to move closer to the shift fork, and it improved to the point that it's fully engaging at about 3/4 of pedal travel and I can put it into reverse. Now, under full throttle at about 3000 rpms in 3rd and 4th gear it hesitates, almost like the clutch is slipping. It won't rev up or anything, it just stops accelerating for a few seconds, then it stops acting up and accelerates normally.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I feel solutions are limited due to the pull style clutch. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!  

redneckjoe69 redneckjoe69
Enthusiast | Posts: 388 | Joined: 04/10
Posted: 12/04/12
04:22 AM

this might help you out?    click on link below.
http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/transmissions-drivetrain/452246-my-t56-swap-thread.html

youll find lots of info on your exact car and swap on that site, thirdgen.org