| Posts: 1375
| Joined: 12/09
Forum user agreement/rules/guidelines:
***PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE POSTING***
In an effort to improve drama to content ratio on our forums we ask that you abide by these simple guidelines when participating. With such a diverse background of people and age groups, who participate in these forums, we've reached a point where such guidelines are necessary. Our goal is to provide a friendly atmosphere filled with mutual respect for one another, where everyone and anyone is not afraid to ask a question or tell a tale about their favorite subject - the cars.
Keeping the above paragraph in mind, these are the rules:
THE BIG RULES: Violation of these rules is grounds for the IMMEDIATE banning of your account. If you think we're kidding.,. think again.
- No profanity in subject lines or signatures.
- No spamming or commercial solicitation of any kind. Any such messages will be removed immediately by a moderator or an administrator. Selling of individual items is permissible by a private owner, however, selling multiple items of the same product is considered a commercial post and will be removed.
- No flaming of other members to incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument. ANY personal attacks or name calling will get you banned.
- No linking or posting of pornographic or objectionable/inappropriate material.
- Do not impersonate other individuals or falsely represent yourself.
- Do not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any illegal activity on the forums. Linking to locations that deal with any such activity is also forbidden.
- Posting under a secondary username for the purpose of arguing, degrading, or belittling other members is grounds for losing both your primary account and your secondary account.
- You must have a valid e-mail account in your profile so you can be reached by a forum moderator or administrator.
- A car forum is not the place to post personal problems, questions about personal relationships, etc. We don't want to hear about it, so don't post it.
- Because of the volatile nature of the following topics: religion, sexual orientation, race, class, gender, and political opinion, users are advised against starting threads or entering posts expressing thoughts, beliefs or opinions on these topics. Any posts or threads on these matters may be removed at the discretion of the moderators or administrators.
And now, some guidelines to help everybody enjoy their stay here:
- Respect both forum moderators and administrators. It is a thankless job that we do, and cleaning up other people's messes is never fun.
- Try to post to the forum that is most appropriate for the topic being presented.
- No cross-posting. (This is posting the same topic in more than one forum, it is annoying)
- Refrain from using profanity or cr3ative spell1ng to get around the censor filters. Posts that circumvent the censor may be removed.
- Respect the privacy of other members and individuals. Do not post personal information about them (i.e. addresses, phone numbers, passwords, etc.)
As moderators and administrators, we're always in the forums reading your posts. As such, it is our job to remove things that are in violation of our rules and guidelines. We reserve the right to remove any posts at any time for any reason as well as ban a user at any time for any reason.
We know that there are always going to be heated debates on this board. It is just how things get, sometimes. However, we ask you to think before you post. Keep to the subject at hand and refrain from petty name calling and pointless insults. Posts such as these are subject to removal by a moderator or administrator.
Due to the rapid real-time nature of a message board, moderators and administrators might not catch every post that violates the rules listed above. However, users are free to either PM a moderator or administrator at any time should an offensive post arise. Keep in mind that you're not "tattling" on anybody by doing this, you're contacting one of us, because you see material that offends you. It helps keep our community clean and enjoyable for all of our members.
If you have any questions/concerns about these guidelines, feel free to PM me or another moderator.
When The Flag Drops.,.
The Bull ---- Stops.,.
P. Engineer, Engine Builder
| Posts: 1375
| Joined: 12/09