juki or consew. need advice preferred machine

Car Craft
Item Posts    Sort Order

juki or consew. need advice preferred machine

hooktool205 hooktool205
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/11
Posted: 08/24/11
05:56 PM

I was going to bounce this off for recommendations. plan on purchasing used juki Lu- 563 or a consew 205 or 225(new). I know most would say the new machine. well money is a factor , but I also realize that by spending money to make money. this and convertible tops are my final obstacle in auto trim field. any trimmers out there with advice would be helpful. also any more auto trim forums on net. this would be helpful for those who make this a career. thanks hooktool  

redneckjoe69 redneckjoe69
Enthusiast | Posts: 388 | Joined: 04/10
Posted: 08/25/11
05:10 AM

ive seen a few successful shops like that branch off into other fields & it worked for them.  they do marine canvas out of sunbrella, awnings with sunbrella & 3m backlit material for lettering.  roll down curtains around pools, etc.  its a good field to be in, if you can do it all.  i dont know much about the machines except most shops ive dealt with, like the older machines & they usually have a 2nd one set-up to do binding.  best of luck with your business.     oh, & a few sites have an interior section.  

1989force 1989force
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/12
Posted: 08/02/12
09:03 PM

I know this is a old post but I'll reply anyway. I bought a Sailrite 111 about a year ago and it does everything they claimed it would. I got the upgrade motor and wheel, and various accessories. I am redoing the upholstery on my 28 foot "offshore style" boat. I had never run any sort of sewing machine in my life, and this thing is very easy to control with a foot switch just like a tig welder.  There site has a lot of great info and customer service has been great . Also a good source for tools and materials.  

eddiebarrett eddiebarrett
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 07/13
Posted: 07/11/13
07:20 AM

I am sure you have already purchased however the Jukis with the clutch are great , keeps from snapping needles. lol At Eddie Barrett Seat Company we have a Consew 205 and has been in use for 15 years . Great machine however for heavier stuff highly recommend the Consew 206RB. Hope this helps somebody