Beating a dead horse

Car Craft
Item Posts    Sort Order

Beating a dead horse

curtis73 curtis73
User | Posts: 58 | Joined: 01/11
Posted: 02/01/11
11:42 AM

Ok guys... I get it.  LS engines are cool.  Can I have my old magazine back now?  
http://www.curtisandkim.com/cars.htm

Ron1973 Ron1973
Enthusiast | Posts: 629 | Joined: 09/10
Posted: 02/01/11
12:34 PM

lol........ Welcome to CC  

Budnicks Budnicks
Enthusiast | Posts: 676 | Joined: 10/10
Posted: 02/03/11
07:16 PM

curtis73 welcome to the forum. I feel your pain. We need to be able to except the new tech. stuff on it's own merits. Unfortunatly or maybee fortunatly the LS platform is here for it's stint now. The SBC 265-400ci had it's hay day in a great run from 1955-2000 (and still used by many today). I wonder what will the next generation complain about? Probibly not seeing enough of the LS platform when it's replaced by something else. LOL   3836bbl/Budnicks  
"Fill Your Library Before You Fill Your Garage" Good Luck  "Budnicks"

wrp wrp
Enthusiast | Posts: 427 | Joined: 09/10
Posted: 02/04/11
03:59 PM

I'm with Curtis73. Those newfangled SBCs cluttered the last rendition up. We need a lot more flathead Ford v8 stuff, real Offenhauser Technology articles etc. Smile Clyde Barrow would only steal V8 Fords cause the Chevys and Plymouths the coppers used couldn't touch them, bring back the good old days. Heck I remember reading articles on those newfangled Oldsmobile engines prior to the SBC.

A Bumblebee is considerably faster than a John Deere Tractor.

speedzzter speedzzter
Guru | Posts: 1139 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 02/07/11
11:25 AM

I'd rather read about a flathead or an Olds Rocket than an LS . . . .

The idea behind a multi-brand performance magazine is that it's not supposed to be overly focused on one brand/engine/model.  But then CC's never been very good at avoiding the cliches and fads of the moment . . . remember "Camaro Craft?" Pro Street? Street Freaks? Customs? (Amazingly enough, CC was big into customs in the 1950s).

Other than Freiburger's brief experiment with "Affordable Street Performance" ("Junkyard Craft") and John Dianna's "Drag Racing's Complete Magazine,"  CC's had a hard time figuring out what it needs to be.  

Now, CC just seems to be an entry-level, advertiser-driven, "bolt-on" magazine aimed at haters of FWD, imports, and new cars. The target reader wants "old school" "Day Two" V8 muscle, but mostly can't pony up the vintage price for it (excepting features such as the '69 Camaro on the April '11 cover).  
http://speedzzter.blogspot.com

wrp wrp
Enthusiast | Posts: 427 | Joined: 09/10
Posted: 02/08/11
11:22 PM

I actually think that Trabants are somewhat more exciting than most of the other euro cars. Trabants have a unique history associated with frugality and fun. I'd pass on the Yugo but would certainly buy an issue with a Trabant on it.  
A Bumblebee is considerably faster than a John Deere Tractor.

The_Goon The_Goon
New User | Posts: 17 | Joined: 02/10
Posted: 02/11/11
10:30 PM

I miss junkyard craft.  Freiburger always looked like he was havin' fun.  Hippie slippers and all. lol  

www.cardomain.com/ride/2956386

tuffnuff tuffnuff
Moderator | Posts: 1376 | Joined: 12/09
Posted: 02/12/11
01:03 AM

Icon Quotecurtis73:
Ok guys... I get it.  LS engines are cool.  Can I have my old magazine back now?

Welcome to the forum Curtis.

Whippingadeadhorse

Grin  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

redneckjoe69 redneckjoe69
Enthusiast | Posts: 388 | Joined: 04/10
Posted: 02/12/11
12:08 PM

Grin   +1, just beating the same old dead horse.   i'm a chevy guy, but i like reading about custom built hot rods, not just ls engine swaps.  i don't care what make it is.  

Budnicks Budnicks
Enthusiast | Posts: 676 | Joined: 10/10
Posted: 02/14/11
03:28 PM

How about some Mopar, Olds, Pontiac or AMC stuff. That would be nice too.   Budnicks  
"Fill Your Library Before You Fill Your Garage" Good Luck  "Budnicks"

Bar50 Bar50
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 08/12
Posted: 08/23/12
10:52 PM

I am in with beating the dead horse.  Do it yourself hot rodding.  Blue Collar big blocks is right up my alley.  Been a subscriber since 1986.

Good bless the LS, I am still a big block guy.  Until they make new stick transmissions that will shift like a Muncie or Super T10....I am stuck in the old days.  

I am not in avoidance mode, looking for an S10 Blazer for an LS swap daily driver.  

MoparPete MoparPete
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 12/10/12
04:45 PM

Well no one has EVER accused Camaro Craft of putting too many articles of Fords Mopars or American Motors in any issue, so they will continue to be Super Chevy Jr. I still read it and have been a subscriber , simply because it is better that Hot Rod.