Car Craft
1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

Serpentine Belt for Gen III/IV

wrp wrp
Enthusiast | Posts: 402 | Joined: 09/10
Posted: 11/05/10
12:02 PM

Anyone have any suggestion s on who might sell, or be able to fabricate a serpentine system that I could use to run my accessories and separately use a Cogged Belt to run my Supercharger?  
A Bumblebee is considerably faster than a John Deere Tractor.

Budnicks Budnicks
Enthusiast | Posts: 676 | Joined: 10/10
12:48 PM

wrp March Performance or Allen Grove they both have many kits for serpintine belts the hitch is the supercharger, Its a Wipple SC isn't it? don't they use a serpintine belt also? maybee Billet Specialties I'm building a Mopar lately so I have't looked for other  manufacturers parts for GM/Ford everything is out there Mopars not so much, I had to custom space all the serpintine system I used on my 68 RoadRunner I got the pulleys & ideler from March Perf. (www.MagnumForce.com)& made my own brackets out of 1/4" 7075 aluminum, went to Orchard Supply found some chrome bolt spacers all diff. sizes, I only have an Alt. & power Steer. w/ideler, I use an elect. w-pump & fans, I believe the bolt pattern on the crank pully was the same as the SBC (atleast thats what it looked like to me) I'm not sure on GenIII/IV, this might give you some more diamentions to choose from, you may beable to have a machine shop make you some spacers or even the pulleys if they are a decent machinist & you have some diamentions for them, You will no doubt have to have a custom kit to your specs. the gillmer belt is a differnt story, Try Goodyear or Gates for the belt (any of the belts) They have an industrial division, blowers have been used for industrial porpous's for years screw & roots stye positive displacement air movers, I used Delta Bearing Supply in Pittburg Ca. years ago they had a bunch of blower apps. for industrial use, that I used on cars I had built w/Blowers in the past & Wipple for the blower pulleys they are brand specific I'm sure, I hope this helps a little atleast, I know it was a pain when I did mine,  Budnicks  
"Fill Your Library Before You Fill Your Garage" Good Luck  "Budnicks"

wrp wrp
08:30 PM

Thanks for the thoughtful reply I will follow up on these. Mercury Marine Racing has the exact kit I want, two separate  serpintines, one for the blower and the other for the accessories. but it is for a big block. May just have to build my own.  

Budnicks Budnicks
09:11 PM

That good information to know. Budnicks  

wrp wrp
Posted: 01/28/11
05:35 PM

Did you see we have the blower pulley shaft fabricated? We will have shots of it installed shortly. Going to have to do some radiator redesign now Frown  

Budnicks Budnicks
Posted: 01/31/11
09:28 PM

wrp a little clearance problem? It never fails add one thing something else come up that has to be upgraded. Everytime I work on my RoadRunner even when I allready have the parts it seems to cost $100 to touch it. LOL. Good luck.  3836bbl/Budnicks  

wrp wrp
Posted: 02/07/11
09:58 PM

I'm really liking the Moroso remote water pump setup. Any alternatives to it?  

Budnicks Budnicks
Posted: 02/08/11
04:52 PM

wrp Maybee just an electric water pump I use a proform elect. pump on my 479ci BB Road Runner seems good so far. Is yours the old remote electric motor & small gilmer belt driven Moroso? I had used one of those years ago on a Blown SBC in my 23T alterd.   Budnicks  

wrp wrp
Posted: 02/12/11
06:55 PM

Really happy with SNL visit today. Things moving forward. The upper cog drive and shaft are fabricated and ready to go. We have the tensioner and need to resolve mounting it. Right now waiting on belt and a couple of spacers. The best news is once everything is lined up we may not need to change the radiator.

Cogpulley1 1

Cogpulley2 1

Budnicks Budnicks
Posted: 02/14/11
03:15 PM

wrp looks like plenty of room. Maybee just some radiator hose changes, you could always go to tubing with some silicone ends. Good luck.  Budnicks  

wrp wrp
06:15 PM

I agree, still like that Moroso remote setup though

Budnicks Budnicks
06:54 PM

wrp yep there's a reason they have been arround for a long time.    Budnicks  

wrp wrp
Posted: 03/08/11
11:01 AM

Moroso Remote mount components began to arrive today

SANY0118 1

Budnicks Budnicks
Posted: 03/08/11
11:54 AM

wrp that's a differant style remote pump than I thought you were talking about, I was assuming you were talking about the little gilmer driven small electric motor that spins your stock style water pump witha gilmer drive belt, That pump looks much more HD than the old style I assumed you were talking about. I do have an electric pump on my 479ci BB Mopar & it flows 37gpm & it's seems to be plenty. Looks good, keep us posted. Good luck.    Budnicks  

wrp wrp
Posted: 03/09/11
07:27 PM

Sorry, couldn't leave the thread at 13 posts Smile  

1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last