23 T build

Car Craft
Item Posts    Sort Order

23 T build

97blacksst 97blacksst
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 01/05/10
03:00 PM

Is anyone out there old enough to remember the 23 T project car that was built in the pages of car craft way back in 1967? This was a very easy build with a kinda kool suspension, front tube axle with hairpins and coil spring pockets welded to the front of the tube, it was a good looking clean set up. the rear also had coil springs with pockets welded to the frame and rear end. I belive they used covair coils. As I remember the project, it was always something I wanted to build, but has escaped me until now. Problem is I no longer have the issuses. I think this project ran in car craft from june of 1967 to march of 1968 yea you read it right, so set the way back machine. Now the question, does any have access to this project? I would realy like to get a copy again, I'm willing to pay for the trouble.
This is my first blog ever, I hope I did it right, even old timmers used to turning wrenches can learn somthing new.
Thanks for the help, Terry  

tuffnuff tuffnuff
Moderator | Posts: 1375 | Joined: 12/09
Posted: 01/05/10
10:32 PM

Terry,,,
What specificly are you wanting to know about the T-Bone
In the '60's there were many project rods being built with 21 and 24 stud flatheads,
301 Caddy, 303 Olds and a variety of other power combos linked to Lincoln Zephyr or Cad LaSalle 3 speed "super strong transmissions"<--- at least in their day they were.
Any of this sound familiar to you?
lemme know
and yes,,,,, I'm old enuff to vote, lol
Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

97blacksst 97blacksst
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 03/22/10
07:59 AM

This was a 23T build in Car Craft. This was a ground-up project first appearing in june of 67' and ending in February of 68'
This was a very basic build, frame was 2" x 3" square tubing with a kickup in back, all four cornners had Chev. corvair coils. Tube axle w/radius rods and coils, radius rod with watts linkage in the rear. It also had a sm blk chev for power. It was a very clean econo-build and thought it might be cool to build that same Hot Rod today and would like to get a reprint of that build to refresh my less than perfect memory. Thanks Terry