Car Craft
Click here to find out more!

1964 Chevelle Centerlink hitting oil pan (3 inch drop in front)

Car Craft
Item Posts    Sort Order

1964 Chevelle Centerlink hitting oil pan (3 inch drop in front)

kingintro kingintro
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/08
Posted: 12/02/08
05:06 PM

Specs...64 Chevelle. 350 engine. brand new (original style) suspension. Disc brakes with 2 inch drop spindles. 1 inch lowering coils. I am having a problem with my centerlink (new, everything is brand new). If I crank hard to the left/right, my centerlink hits my oil pan (new stock style). Anyone else have this problem with their A body?? I have not had it aligned yet. I have no problem with a BFH, but would rather not resort to this...Comments, questions are greatly appreciated.  

wvherbbie wvherbbie
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 12/02/08
09:43 PM

Well to start with you have a nice car! I don't know alot about front suspension,but since the swap.You should check your motor mounts,if thats not it you could look into a aftermarket oil pan for street or strip.I hope this helps.  

55Guy 55Guy
Enthusiast | Posts: 444 | Joined: 08/07
Posted: 12/04/08
07:24 AM

I don't think you'll find an off-the-shelf oil pan that'll give you extra clearance.

Your options are to notch the oil pan for some extra clearance (this requires welding), see if you can get a custom oil pan to solve your problem, or just convert your Chevelle to a rack-and-pinion steering system.